Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baked potatoes

The potato story is almost done. There's a county extension director who's ducking my calls, and I need to include him. I can't tell if he's just had enough of talking about flooding in the tri-county area of northeast Florida three weeks ago, or doesn't consider this story important.

It's amazing how one person can hold up the entire works with something like that.

I run into this a lot, though, particularly with manufacturers. It's as if they don't "get" that being interviewed is the best advertising they'll ever have. It's free, and if they're smart about what they're doing, they come off like the expert in the field.

What more could you ask for?

I can't attribute that to any one industry, either. I have run into it with someone in every industry I've written in.

It always makes me want to jump up and down and scream "What part of free advertising don't you understand???"

No comments:

Post a Comment